Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sheldon Potolsky Sheldon Potolsky is offline

Default Appending Contents Of Multiple Spreadsheets Into One

Joel,
I tried running the code you sent and realized that I may not have
been clear on a couple of things.
I actually wanted to append rows 2-EOF from other spreadsheets (and be
prompted for them), and save them in Sheet1 sheet in the blank
spreadsheet I just opened. So, if in my C:\Excel folder I have
Sheldon1.xls, Sheldon2.xls, Sheldon3.xls and Joel1.xls, I would reply
to a prompt for which spreadsheets to include. My response would be
Sheldon*.xls. Rows 2-EOF for all three spreadsheets would be appended
to Sheet1 in my blank spreadsheet. After that your SAVEAS section of
the code would run, I'd select a filename and the new spreadsheet
would be saved and the program would complete.
Thanks, Sheldon

On May 9, 9:10*am, Joel wrote:
I forgot the SAVEAS

Set Sumsht = Worksheets.Add(after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count))
Sumsht.Name = "Summary"
For Each sht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
* *If sht.Name < Sumsht.Name Then
* * * SumLastRow = Sumsht.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
* * * shtLastRow = sht.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
* * * sht.Rows("2:" & shtLastRow).Copy _
* * * * *Destination:=Sumsht.Rows(SumLastRow + 1)
* *End If
Next sht

FName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
* * fileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")
If fileSaveName < False Then
* * ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=FName
* * ThisWorkbook.Close
End If

"Sheldon Potolsky" wrote:
Hello. *I would like to open up a new spreadsheet and append rows 2 -
EOF from six other spreadsheets into that new one, be prompted for the
name to save it with, then save and quit. *Would someone be kind
enough to offer some VBA code to do this with?
Thank you,
Sheldon Potolsky- Hide quoted text -