Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default Cell references and merged cells

I still have a cheque from Bell for the princely sum of ten cents $0.10
mailed to me from US to UK. A public phone had chewed up my last dime. I

was
annoyed, without it even the operator could not connect me. Though she

very
politely offered to refund. I couldn't believe it when the cheque arrived

up
a long time later.

Waye back, when I was in graduate school ,I sold some stock to pay my living
expenses (in those daze, largely beer and pasta).

The broker made a mistake and shortchanged me $.25.
Next time I was in the area of the broker, I stopped in to get my $.25.

Instead of reaching into his pocket, and handing me $.25, and getting
re-imbursed from petty cash, I had to wait for them to print a check. Being
in grad school, I was silly enough to wait for the check.

I then went to a bar in which I knew the bartender.
I said "Pete can you cash a ckeck for me from Merrill Lybch?"

His eys popped open wide.
When I showed him the check, he loudly announced to the bar's patrons
"Howard is cashing a $.25 check from Merrill Lynch!".

Back in those daze a bottle of beer cost about $.40, so the $.25 didn't
cover it.

Actually, the bus fare to go downtown was even more, but I had to go
downtown anyway.
I wasn't about to let Merrill Lynch keep my quarter!

Yes, I could have called ML, but then look at the fun I would have missed!