Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Text - Blink //

1. How do make a workbook start with macros enabled.

Search this forum and you'll get lots of suggestions

2. Make cells with a particular value blink.

The overhead of the routine already slows things down as pointed out by the
man who wrote it and to check every cell on a worksheet once a second and
then changing the font would increase that overhead even more.

However, If J.E. McGimpsey will forgive my attempt at modifying his code,
this blinks every cell that contains the text 'Blink' in the range A1 - H100.
If there's a better way; and I'm sure there is, then maybe Mr McGimpsey will
see your post and respond.

Sub StartBlink()
Set myrange = Range("A1:H100")
For Each c In myrange
If c.Text = "Blink" Then
If c.Font.ColorIndex = 3 Then ' Red Text
c.Font.ColorIndex = 2 ' White Text
Else
c.Font.ColorIndex = 3 ' Red Text
If c.Text < "Blink" Then
c.Font.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexAutomatic
End If
Next
RunWhen = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1)
Application.OnTime RunWhen, "'" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "'!StartBlink", ,
True
End Sub

Mike

"sansk_23" wrote:

Thanks, it works .

Have further queries -
1.) How can i make the workbook open with Macros Enabled - always, w/o user
being asked for the option to choose - Disable or Enable.
2.) How can i apply the blink feature to the cells with a particular value
witin a worksheet , eg - All the cells with value "F" should blink in a
worksheet with blue cell colour & white text in bold ?

rgds // Sk.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

In the dim and distant past I vaguely recall a command called 'Speedink' in
some versions of basic (quickbasic I think) and thankfully Microsoft seem to
have dumped the very irritating feature but if you must then try here.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx

Mike

"sansk_23" wrote:

How can we make a TEXT in a particular cell , to BLINK continuously ..
Is there any way we can assign this feature to a cell or a text in a
worksheet .
Pls suggest .
rgds
Sk.