Hoshyar

Hi Bernie,
Many many thanks. it worked perfectly except for one thing. When columns C:E
are open, I want them open until I move our from Column E. In other words,
when I am in cloumn C and typing something then moving to Column D they are
all hidden. What I want to acheive here is to have them open until I move to
Column F.

One more thing, the words "AB" is a code, and I have five other codes with
which I want the same function. Do you think what I am trying to achieve is
possible?

Thanks once again for your help
Hoshyar

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Hashyar,

Copy the code below, right-click the sheet tab of interest, select "View
Code" and paste in the window that appears.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub

If Target.Column = 1 And Target.Value = "AB" Then
Columns("C:E").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
End If

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C:E")) Is Nothing Then
Columns("C:E").EntireColumn.Hidden = True

"Hoshyar" wrote in message
I have a workbook of 10 columns. three columns 3,4 and five are hidden by
default. I want to unhide these columuns when I write a defined letter
(e.g.
AB) in any cell in column one. Then I want to fill some information these
columns, then after pressing enter I want these columns to be hidden
again.
is that possible with macro?

many thanks in advance
Hoshyar