Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Macros: Strategies For Where They Live?

I'm getting more and more requests to write VBA to operate on
people's Excel spreadsheets.

Just stumbling along - trying to make them happy - I've been
writing code that resides within the spreadsheet in question.

Of course, when the user comes back with a clone of that sheet
and wants the same thing or something very similar done; I wind
up having to keep .txt file copies of everything I write.

There's got to be a better way.

Maybe a dedicated spreadsheet of my own that, somehow, I can
point other people's sheets to temporarily for the purpose of
executing VBA routines?

Some kind of compiled module analogous to a .DLL?
--
PeteCresswell