Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Minitman Minitman is offline

Default Sheet Protection Question

Greetings,

I have a worksheet with linking formulas in 79 cells (named ranges),
ToolbarsControl ToolboxCommandButtons and a ToolbarsFormsComboBox.

This worksheet is set up as a form to view individual records chosen
from the ComboBox. This form is setup to do one of two tasks. First
view the record. And second, edit the record.

To view: I need to only see the information in the record and not be
able to change anything - until I click the "Start Edit" button.

To edit: All of the formulas are changed into values. Then I can edit
any or all of the cells.When finished, I click the "End Edit" button,
which saves the edited version of the record into the "Customer List"
sheet and then puts the formulas back into the cells.

The only thing I am missing is how to keep from overwriting the
formulas (in the view mode) with vba. The problem I ran into with
Protect was that the CommandButtons were also protected and I need
them to always be unprotected. Is there a way to lock everything but
the CommandButtons and the ComboBox?

I'm not even sure if protection is what I need. Security is not an
issue here. Overwriting the formulas is.

Another possibility would be if when the user entered any of the cells
on that page, to automatically trigger the edit mode. The cells all
have names (pfCell_4 thru 79 - eg. pfCell_4, pfCell_5, ... pfCell_79).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Minitman