Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rcl2884 rcl2884 is offline

Default Remove On Activate Sheet Event

Matthew,
Thanks for the suggestion. When I double-click on the worksheet, I get
two tabs.. one identified as "general" is blank (no code) while the
other identified as "worksheet" has the following code

over to the right is a selection of possible events. When I click on
Activate, it creates the code

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

End Sub

The action of the workbook is the same whether or not this code is
present. Is there somewhere else where action on this event could be
specified? I am currently using Excel 2003, but I believe the sheet
was originally created in Excel 1997.

Paul writes
"Double-Click on 'ThisWorkbook". You'll probably find the calling
code
there."

There are a lot of properties, but none that seems to correspond to
what I am looking for.

Just to clarify, I know where the codes that gets called is... I just
want to stop the sheet from calling that code. Mainly it is a problem
when I am debugging and jumping from sheet to sheet because I get
error messages saying it cannot process the "OnActivateSheet" macro
while in DeBug mode.

Thanks again, for the help.
...Rick

On May 7, 1:20*pm, Matthew Pfluger
wrote:
You are close. *If you press Ctrl+R to bring up the Project Explorer, scroll
through the list until you find your project. *Expand the [+] sign next to
the name, and you'll see some folders. *One will be called "Microsoft Excel
Objects"; click the [+] to expand that folder. *You'll see objects for each
worksheet in the workbook and one object representing the workbook itself. *

Worksheet events are stored in these special code modules. *Simply double
click on the object that represents the worksheet you are working in. *Then,
find and delete all macros (events).

HTH,
Matthew Pfluger

"rcl2884" wrote:
I have an Excel workbook that I inherited that wants to run an event
every time I activate or deactivate a sheet. I cannot seem to locate
the worksheet events so that I can disable this. There are two
subroutines with names like "OnActivateSheetName" and
"OnDeactivateSheetName". If I simply remove these routines I get a
message that says that these subroutines cannot be found, whenever I
activate (or deactivate) the sheet.

How do I remove this "event" requirement?

Thanks,
Rick- Hide quoted text -