Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sutibusan sutibusan is offline

Default select a list, then sort #2

I have a presorted Excel worksheet, & I'm trying to sort only the top part of
it from where I end up after the 1st sort (the 1st blank line after the top
part of the worksheet, but in tht middle of it[a daily variable starting
point]). This recorded macro & my attempt to get it under my control, sorts
the whole worksheet & gives me an error 1004 @ Range("J3:J", colA):
Sub SortJtop()
Dim Blank As Double
Blank = ActiveCell ' Grab the row # of the starting (blank) cell
ActiveCell.Sort Key1:=Range("J3:J", colA), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:= _
xlYes, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

End Sub
To clarify, I need to sort from row 3 to row x (a daily variable #, not the
end of the worksheet) in column J.
sutibusan
--
sutibusan