Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matthew Pfluger Matthew Pfluger is offline

Default Remove On Activate Sheet Event

You are close. If you press Ctrl+R to bring up the Project Explorer, scroll
through the list until you find your project. Expand the [+] sign next to
the name, and you'll see some folders. One will be called "Microsoft Excel
Objects"; click the [+] to expand that folder. You'll see objects for each
worksheet in the workbook and one object representing the workbook itself.

Worksheet events are stored in these special code modules. Simply double
click on the object that represents the worksheet you are working in. Then,
find and delete all macros (events).

HTH,
Matthew Pfluger

"rcl2884" wrote:

I have an Excel workbook that I inherited that wants to run an event
every time I activate or deactivate a sheet. I cannot seem to locate
the worksheet events so that I can disable this. There are two
subroutines with names like "OnActivateSheetName" and
"OnDeactivateSheetName". If I simply remove these routines I get a
message that says that these subroutines cannot be found, whenever I
activate (or deactivate) the sheet.

How do I remove this "event" requirement?

Thanks,
Rick