Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jaybird[_3_] Jaybird[_3_] is offline

Default match and offset

I can see that OFFSET is not going to work. It doesn't do what I
thought it did. Makes sense. If I understand it correctly, INDEX
might be what I'm looking for. However, I can't see how it will work
without having the result of my MATCH function embedded within it. To
recap, I'm trying to figure out which row of sheet1 contains the
contents of A1 of the current sheet. (This is the result of my MATCH
formula) Then, I need to be able to reference the rest of the cells
in that row on the current worksheet. This is the problem I'm having.