Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jaybird[_3_] Jaybird[_3_] is offline

Default match and offset

I've read some tantalizing clues, but haven't yet found a solution
that works... I'm trying to use match and offset to autofill cells
with information on one worksheet from another. What I have is
worksheet one with a large list of information, several columns worth
and many, many rows. The unique identifier is in, say column Q. By
scanning a barcode onto a cell in worksheet 2 I can determine which
row of column Q contains that particular unique barcode using the
match function. What I'd like to do is to autofill the subsequent
cells in worksheet 2 with the information on that particular row of
worksheet1 using some combination of match and offset, but I can't
seem to get the syntax right. Does anyone have a clue?