Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Copy formulas between workbooks without copying links

One simple method is to use EditReplace a couple times.

EditReplace

What: =

With: ^^^

Replace all.

Copy then reverse the process on the target book.

Close the source book without saving or reverse there also.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 3 May 2008 19:53:29 -0700 (PDT), MCI wrote:

I want to copy formulas from a range in worksheet A in workbook A to a
range in worksheet B in workbook B.

When i use the clipboard to copy and paste special by formulas, I
often create unwanted external links in workbook B (eg. some names in
workbook B could refer to the ranges in workbook A now).
While i could possible fix this later by looking for the external
links and delete them, I'm looking for a simple way to avoid it.

One possible way is do it in VBA:

workbooks(2).sheets(1).range("A1:A10").formula =
workbooks(1).sheets(1).range("A1:A10").formula

but looks like this only works for non-array formulas

thanks a lot, any help is much appreciated.