Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
urkec urkec is offline

Default Activating a BAT file from a HTA

"Edmund" wrote:

cmd.exe did launch but seems the Test.bat file did not run. I'm unfamiliar
with commands related to cmd.exe & is clueless in troubleshooting your
suggestion of adding .....

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run "cmd.exe 'C:\Test.bat'"

If there's any URL to read, pls direct me there.

Thanks again for any help.

--
Edmund
(Using Excel XP)

You could add /k to keep Command Prompt open after executing Test.bat, so
you can see if there are any error messages.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run "cmd.exe /k C:\Test.bat"

For help on commands type HELP or HELP command-name (like HELP CMD) in
Command Prompt.

--
urkec