Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] nednorge@yahoo.no is offline

Default Allow macro to work for a group of cells but not the other cells

Hello,

I am working on a workbook where a group of cells must change with a
macro button which will be triggered by a user. Insert value and
color.
The value is used in a formel in another cell.
If value input is wrong the user can reset the cell with a macro
button.

Problem:
1. First Macro works throughout the worksheet and I only want it to be
able to work in 5 groups of cells
2. Second Macro (reset macro)
The reset macro can delete the formel if this cell is chosen so I need
it to function only in the same groups as the first macro.

The code for insert av value and color

Sub mrkArbeidstid()
'
' mrkArbeidstid Makro
' Makro registrert 22.01.2008 TPS og EG
' Registrerer arbeidstid for maskin og dekksbesetningen

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=False,
Scenarios:=False

With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 35
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With

Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 35
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 35
Selection.FormulaR1C1 = "a"

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True

The code for reset

Sub mrkTilbakestill()
'
' mrkTilbakestill Makro
' Makro registrert 22.01.2008 TPS og EG
' Registrerer arbeidstid for maskin og dekksbesetningen

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=False,
Scenarios:=False

With Selection.Interior

Selection.ClearContents
Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

End With

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True

I am just about learning this so if there's someone who has an answer
for me I would be very gratefull

Eric