Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default Errors when using range names in VBA

Thanks everyone, seem to have cracked it with $ sign, had $B5 and not $B$5.

Thanks, Rob

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
if i enter data into enter data into b5:b25

then i fix your formula:
=OFFSET(sheet1!$B$5,0,0,count(sheet1!$B:$B),5)

and then type this in the immedidate window:
?range("myprod").Address

it returns:
$B$5:$F$25

--

Gary

"Rob" wrote in message

I have a dynamic range name set as MyProd, I used
=OFFSET((sheet1!$B$5,0,0,count(sheet1!$B:$B),5) in the Names menu to
define this. However, since setting this up, the Macro I had that looked
up data in a column from the range MyProd, returns errors as if the range
address isn't known. Is there as solution to resolve this eg. somehow
define the address before running the macro?

Hoping someone can give some direction.

Thanks, Rob