Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones[_2_] Norman Jones[_2_] is offline

Default File Location Based on Cell Reference

Hi Monk,

Perhaps try:

'=========
Option Explicit

Public Sub Tester()
Dim WB As Workbook
Dim SH As Worksheet
Dim Rng As Range
Dim aStr As String
Dim sPath As String
Dim FName As String
Const sStr As String = "F:\Home\"
Const sStr2 = "\Trading\2.Draft Trades.xls"

Set WB = ThisWorkbook
Set SH = WB.Sheets("Sheet2") '<<==== CHANGE
Set Rng = SH.Range("A1") '<<==== CHANGE

If Not IsEmpty(Rng.Value) Then
aStr = Rng.Value
FName = sStr & aStr & sStr2
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=FName, _
FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal
Else
'Your code to handle misssing data, e.g.:
MsgBox Prompt:="Your message", _
Buttons:=vbCritical, _
Title:="Problem"

'<<=========

---
Regards.
Norman

"Monk" wrote in message
Thanks Norman

I was hoping there may be something less complex. The following code is
part
of an existing module and I was hoping it could pick up the value of cell
A1
(i.e say value = Paul) and enter this in the directory so it would save as
F:\Home\Paul\Trading\2.Draft Trades.xls. If A1 had a value of Mike it
would
save as F:\Home\Mike\Trading\2.Draft Trades.xls. Can the below be
modified
simply?

fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("F:\Home\Cell
A1\Trading\2.Draft Trades.xls", _
"Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")