Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Override Excel's Heroin Addiction to Calculating

The before save part is easy...

Application.CalculateBeforeSave = False

I did not follow you on the first part...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Paige" wrote:

If I open a file that includes code (Application.Calculation =
xlCalculationAutomatic) in ThisWorkbookthat changes calc to manual upon
opening, it still calculates; likewise, if I use SaveAs in a macro, even if I
explicitly change calc to manual first, once it starts saving, it
recalculates. How do I stop Excel from calculating when a file is opened and
saved? P.S. Am using Excel 2003.