Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
santaviga santaviga is offline

Default Formula or Macro for CF

Excellant many thanks, how can I put in this data qickly over 6 months?

many thanks

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

You left the N/S requirement out of your original posting. Select the cells
from A2 (not A1) down to the end of expected data and use this Conditional
Formatting formula (Formula Is in drop down)...

=AND(A2="D/S",A1="N/S")

Rick

"santaviga" wrote in message
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply but I cant see hoew data validation will work as
some
weeks I will have D/S in cell A2 but I only need error to apply when it
arrives after N/S in cell previous and not any other time.

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"santaviga" wrote in message
Hello,

I am looking for a format to place into conditional format or even a
macro
that will alert me on a set occasion. I have data for 4 people on
shifts
over the next 6 months, what I need is a format to turn a cel red if
the
text in it is a D/S for example.

Sunday = N/S
Monday = D/S (I need this cell to turn red as a warning if this
happens)

Cell a1 = N/S
Cella2 = D/S

And so on for the range of 6 months.