Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Smith Alan Smith is offline

Default Problem using VBA for Excel to protect a Workbook with a passw

Thanks for the help with this. It worked fine. I've onlty been using Excel
VBA for 2 weeks (self-taught) and I'm still learning!

Thanks to Alan Hutchins too.

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

Look at this line:

ActiveWorkbook.Protect Password:="abcd", Structu=True, Windows:=True

Regards,
Per

"Alan Smith" skrev i meddelelsen
I've developed a workbook with a number of sheets. I want to prevent users
from copying or deleting sheets without suitable control so I used Excel
VBA
code to protect and unprotect the workbook. The problem is that when I
protect the workbook with a password, when I get back to Excel I am able
unprotect the workbook without providing the password. Can anyone explain
what I'm doing wrong please? The code is:

dim wkbkone as workbook

Set wkbkone = Application.ActiveWorkbook
wkbkone.Protect "abcd"
wkbkone.Protect "abcd"
ActiveWorkbook.Protect Structu=True, Windows:=True