Morrigan

SUMIF() and VLOOKUP() are completely different. SUMIF() adds up all the
numbers that meet the criteria and VLOOKUP() searches a target value and
returns its corresponding value.

I understand all your data must be unique. Thus VLOOKUP() can actually
perform the job. Now in order for VLOOKUP() to work properly, your data
must be sorted.

What do you mean by "VLOOKUP does not want to work so nicely"?

sonar Wrote:
Hi

I am currently using the following formula
=SUMIF(Mo!$A$1:$A$999,$A10,Mo!$D$1:$D$999)

the problem is, I dont want to use the SUMIF, I want to use the
VLOOKUP, but the VLOOKUP does not want to work so nicely. My other
formulas are easily "rattled" should I try and touch the formatting of
the sheets cells.

Is there any other functions I can use that will give me what I want?

Regards
Sonar :)

--
Morrigan