Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Subscript error in 2007 when testing if Addin is installed

This worked ok in xl2003:

Option Explicit
Private Function AddInInstalled(argName As String) As Boolean
AddInInstalled = False
On Error Resume Next
AddInInstalled = CBool(Application.AddIns(argName).Installed)
On Error GoTo 0
End Function
Sub testme()
MsgBox AddInInstalled("analysis toolpak")
MsgBox AddInInstalled("qwer")
End Sub

XP wrote:

In Office 2007, I'm using the following function to determine whether an
Add-in is installed, but if the answer is "False", rather than false, I get
"Subscript out of range" error. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? How can I get
this to run right?

Private Function AddInInstalled(argName As String) As Boolean
'return true if an addin is installed:
If AddIns(argName).Installed = True Then
AddInInstalled = True
Else
AddInInstalled = False
End If