Ken Wright

You don't, you simply put 1000 in an empty cell, copy that cell, select all
your data and do edit / paste special / divide, and then delete the 1000.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"CindyW" wrote in message
I need to add a decimal to each number in a column of figures. For
examples
7254
6523
8945
12546

I need to put a decimal point where the "thousands" would begin.
e.g:
7254 - 7.254

I want to write a macro that will go to the end of each figure, go back
three spaces and put a decimal there. Is this possible? How do I do it?
HELP!!!!!!!