Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
santaviga santaviga is offline

Default help with macro

Tried the code but reporting abiguous error, I do have another before save
macro in the workbook also will this have anything to do with it?

Mark

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Santaviga.

A WorkbookBbeforeSave event macro must reside in the workbook's Thisworkbook
module, and there can only be one such macro in the workbook.

Therefore, cancel the two procedures
in the sheet modules and post the
following code inyo the Thisworkbook
module:

'=========
Option Explicit

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave( _
ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _
Cancel As Boolean)
Dim SH As Object
Dim mySheets As Sheets

Set mySheets = Me.Sheets(Array("Sheet8", "Sheet1"))

For Each SH In mySheets
SH.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Relief Shifts " _
& Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy")
Next SH
End Sub
'<<=========

---
Regards.
Norman

"santaviga" wrote in message

I need some help with a macro to run before save on 2 sheets, please see
the
macro I have input but it is not working on save.

macro is in sheet 8

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, cancel As
Boolean)
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Relief Shifts " & Format(Now,
"dd-mmm-yy")
End Sub

and macro in sheet 3

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, cancel As
Boolean)
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Relief Shifts " & Format(Now,
"dd-mmm-yy")
End Sub

I need both of these macros to run when I save on the separate sheets, can
anyone help me on this matter

Kind regards