Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dennis dennis is offline

Default Chdir does not seem to change the current directory -- ??

You need to be on drive G: before it will let you change directory

ChDrive "G"
ChDir "G:\MULTUS\PROVEOUT\"

"plh" wrote:

Hello X-L Gurus!
I am using the GetOpenFileName method and I would like to have it open into a
predetermined folder. I wrote the code as follows:

ChDir "G:\MULTUS\PROVEOUT\"
strCurrentFile = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Please choose the file you
want to process.")

It opens in the "My Documents" folder instead. Any ideas?

Thank You,
-plh

PS:
I also tried
ChDir "G:\MULTUS\PROVEOUT"
strCurrentFile = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Please choose the file you
want to process.")
That is without the final "\" in the ChDir statement and got the same result.

--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??