Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Chdir does not seem to change the current directory -- ??

Try this instead:

Private Declare Function SetCurrentDirectoryA _
Lib "kernel32" (ByVal lpPathName As String) As
Long

Function ChDirAPI(strFolder As String) As Long
'will return 1 on success and 0 on failure
'will work with a UNC path as well
'-----------------------------------------
ChDirAPI = SetCurrentDirectoryA(strFolder)
End Function

Then just replace your ChDir with ChDirAPI

RBS

"plh" wrote in message
Hello X-L Gurus!
I am using the GetOpenFileName method and I would like to have it open
into a
predetermined folder. I wrote the code as follows:

ChDir "G:\MULTUS\PROVEOUT\"
strCurrentFile = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Please choose the file
you
want to process.")

It opens in the "My Documents" folder instead. Any ideas?

Thank You,
-plh

PS:
I also tried
ChDir "G:\MULTUS\PROVEOUT"
strCurrentFile = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Please choose the file
you
want to process.")
That is without the final "\" in the ChDir statement and got the same
result.

--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??