Bob Phillips

That one too?

--

HTH

RP

"aaronwexler" wrote in message
The dates are dates not text. I type in 8/12 for example and it converts

it
to a date. I double checked in the "format" "cell" menu and they are

dates.
I'm not sure what you mean by where they come from. I am keeping track of

my
day trades by day, if thats what you mean.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It has to be a date not text. Where do the dates come from?

--

HTH

RP

"aaronwexler" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, I tried the second formula because there are other number

in
column A, but I still just get a zero as an answer. Does the date

have to
be
in a certain format?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If the other data is not numbers you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(A1:A100))

if there could be other numbers, then if you know the start and end

dates
you could use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=DATE(2005,1,1)),--(A1:A100<=DATE(2005,12,31)))

--

HTH

RP

"aaronwexler" wrote in

message
In a worksheet of mine I have a bunch of dates in column A in the

format
dd/mm/yyyy. I also have data in between the dates in that column

and
was
wondering if there was a formula that will count the number of

dates.

Thanks Aaron