Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pat Russell Pat Russell is offline

Default Excel VBA drawing Arcs programmatically - not lining up!

Hi,

I'm trying to create a dial-type control for an Excel-based report. The
shape I'm after is basically the top half of a pie chart, and I'll add
numbers, needles etc.

I'm using msoShapeArc to create specific zones for the dial e.g.
green-amber-red, which will be a 0-100% scale. It's almost working, but using
the .Adjustment(1) and (2) settings to set the angles is shifting the arcs
out of line, and I can't figure out why! The code is below - any help greatly
appreciated.

To see the problem exaggerated, repeat the line ".Adjustments(1) = 144" in
the second segment and watch the arc shift right each time. For some reason
it's not all of the arcs, just the some (the 2nd in this axample).

Thanks,

Pat.

Sub DrawDial()

Dim myArc As Shape

For Each myArc In ActiveSheet.Shapes
myArc.Delete
Next myArc

'draw first segment
Set myArc = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeArc, 200, 100, 100, 100)
With myArc
.Adjustments(1) = 180
.Adjustments(2) = 144
.Fill.Visible = msoTrue
.Fill.Transparency = 0.3
.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 11
End With

'draw second segment
Set myArc = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeArc, 200, 100, 100, 100)
With myArc
'THIS NEXT LNE SHIFTS THE ARC RIGHT BY 1 POINT!
.Adjustments(1) = 144
.Adjustments(2) = 70
.Fill.Visible = msoTrue
.Fill.Transparency = 0.3
.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 53
End With

'draw third segment
Set myArc = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeArc, 200, 100, 100, 100)
With myArc
.Adjustments(1) = 70
.Adjustments(2) = 0
.Fill.Visible = msoTrue