Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark[_66_] Mark[_66_] is offline

Default Deleting non-alphanumeric characters

On Apr 29, 9:47*am, "Jim Cone" wrote:
Try replacing Chr(160) with *" " *or *""
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon *USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware

"Mark"
wrote in message
Hello, I have code that extracts certain things from a text file
containing source code for a web site. *One of the things I am
extracting is the web page name. *For some reason it extracts it with
a LOT of carriage returns. *Like 7-8 of those rectangular characters.
I have in my code the following:

* * Cells.Replace What:=Chr(13), Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
* * Cells.Replace What:=Chr(10), Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrde:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

But it only seem to delete like the first and last 2 of the
characters...I can't figure out how to get rid of them. *I figured if
I also put something in the code along the lines of "If not
alphanumeric then delete character (not entire cell)"
Any suggestions??
Thanks!

Yea for some odd reason they still won't delete. I have no idea why.
Is there a way to seach for ASCII characters? I looked it up and its
0013 I think...

Thanks again