Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Deleting non-alphanumeric characters

Try replacing Chr(160) with " " or ""
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Mark"
wrote in message
Hello, I have code that extracts certain things from a text file
containing source code for a web site. One of the things I am
extracting is the web page name. For some reason it extracts it with
a LOT of carriage returns. Like 7-8 of those rectangular characters.
I have in my code the following:

Cells.Replace What:=Chr(13), Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Cells.Replace What:=Chr(10), Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrde:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

But it only seem to delete like the first and last 2 of the
characters...I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I figured if
I also put something in the code along the lines of "If not
alphanumeric then delete character (not entire cell)"
Any suggestions??
Thanks!