Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default Hiding columns in a named range

Forgot to mention
You may also find this useful

With ActiveSheet.Range("tester")
.Range(.Columns(2), .Columns(4)).Hidden = True
End With

which will hide columns 2 to 4.
regards
Paul

On Apr 28, 12:32*pm, wrote:
Hi
Either of these will hide column 2 in range "tester"

ActiveSheet.Range("tester").Columns(2).Hidden = True

or
ActiveSheet.Range("tester").Cells(1,2).EntireColum n.Hidden = True

There is no Hide method, so this won't work

ActiveSheet.Range("tester").Columns(2).Hide

no matter how tempting it looks!
regards
Paul

On Apr 28, 12:21*pm, malcomio
wrote:

Is there a way of hiding columns in named ranges in VBA? I've got a load of
columns that I want to show and hide, but I might want to add other columns
in the worksheets later, so named ranges would make life easier.

I would have thought it was simple, but I just get an error that I'm "unable
to set hidden property of range class"- Hide quoted text -