Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Luke Alcatel[_4_] Luke Alcatel[_4_] is offline

Default userform property change race

I have a msforms.listbox on a userform and I wrote code to sort rows of the
list by column when I click a column heading. There are a few problems that
I found by googling such as column headers are broken and they must be
created with labels on top of the list box but my code works. For a large
table of several thousand rows I want to tell the user to "Wait" by changing
the caption of a label on the form and then sorting but I found that the
caption changes after the sort completes rather than before. I have code
lines to change the caption and call my sort function consecutively. If I
single step the lines the caption changes first but when I execute normally
the caption changes last.

My hypothesis is that underneath the hood there must be Windows message
passing going on and it looses a race to the start of my sort function which
presumably dominates the interpreter unit it completes. How can I insure
that the label caption will change first?

LA