Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TimP58 TimP58 is offline

Default Vista has broken my SHDocVW

On Apr 25, 4:17 pm, TimP58 wrote:
On 24 Apr, 18:41, Lynda wrote:

Wild guess here, but I'd put my money on it having to do with Vista's
built-in Big-Brother, er, I mean security features. Firewall or UAC settings,
maybe.

"TimP58" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet which I wrote some time ago for checking my
lottery results. The code is shown below and has worked perfectly on
a number of XPSP2 machines for quite some time. I have recently
upgraded my home PC to Vista 64 SP1 and installed my copy Office 2003
on it. Now when I try to run the VBA I get various errors when using
the SHDocVW functions

<snip

I have tried running Excel as Adminstrator but it doesn't make any
difference although I haven't tried disabling the UAC yet. Perhaps I
should have a go as web searches haven't come up with any other
answers. I did wonder whether the 64 bit version of shdocvw.dll was
in some way incompatible with the 32 bit excel. I have tried to
browse to the 32 bit version in Tools references but Vista just
ignores the new path.

Just as a footnote to this issue I tried Linda suggestion and turned
UAC off and surprise surprise the code now works fine. I guess it
would be nice to find out how to set the relevant permissions without
the blunderbuss approach of completely disabling the system security
but that's for another day.