Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Assign ChangeEventMacro to unknown SheetName

If that's the event you want, you could drop the worksheet_change event from
every worksheet module and use the workbook_Sheetchange event (maybe...)

Option Explicit
Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal _
Target As Range)

If Target.Address = "$B$10" Then
Call FindBC

A couple of things to watch out for--you may have worksheets that don't need the
macro and the macro (FindBC) may need to know what sheet is being changed????

Option Explicit
Option Compare Text
Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal _
Target As Range)

if target.address < "$B$10" then
exit sub
end if

'option compare text means that upper/lower case differences
'aren't important
select case sh.name
case is = "header","instructions","skipme","nothere"
'do nothing
case else
Call FindBC(sh)
end select

End Sub

==============
Sub FindBC(wks as object)
msgbox wks.range("a1").address(external:=true)
End Sub

CLR wrote:

Thanks for the response Peter, but I think I have bitten off more than I can
chew here........I will probably opt fot Dave's "template" solution, even tho
it will be a lot of work, it fits my mini-mind.

To clarify what I'm trying to do tho....I want to import a sheet into my
Main workbook and then write this code to that sheet...

If Target.Address = "$B$10" Then
Call FindBC
Else

What "FindBC" does, is actually Autofilter the data for whatever value is
entered into B10.........it works good in other workbooks where the sheet is
permanent, and I can hardcode.....just having trouble here where the sheet is
imported.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Peter T" wrote:

Dave has probably already interpreted your question correctly and answered
it (when I first read it I had a different take). If you are looking to trap
"UserSheetName" events (or even the events of any number of sheets in other
workbooks) directly in your own Main project shout again.

Regards,
Peter T

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All............

I am making a small program in which I open a second Excel workbook and
extract a sheet from it into my Main workbook. I do not know the name of

the
sheet, and assign it "UserSheetName" variable, and then I can populate and
manipulate data on that sheet at will.....and close te second
workbook......that part all works fine.

What I would like to do now, is from a macro in my Main workbook, I would
like to create a ChangeEvent macro into to that "UserSheetName" sheet that

is
now located also in my Main workbook.

Is this a doable thing?

Vaya con Dios,