Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
owp^3 owp^3 is offline

Default supress/answer "name ... already defined" msg when overwriting

Great!
That's what I needed to know.
Thanks,
owp^3

"Peter T" wrote:

Yes. If you temporarily disable alerts, pasted formulas, with similar names
in each workbook, will assume the name in the destination (target) workbook,
ie as if you had answered yes. Of course the similar names might refer to
very different things.

Regards,
Peter T

"owp^3" wrote in message
I am using a macro to copy|paste "special formulas" over an "identical"

copy.
Both worksheets have identical named ranges and the formulas referencing
them won't change either. The only thing that is different when running

this
macro are some of the data values.

So, I want to answer yes to the the dialog box (which will pop up several
times) within the macro executing the procedure. I know I can

displayalerts
= false but will that make sure the names used will be the ones in the

target
sheet?

Thanks,
owp^3