Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Excel 2007 Chart-Objects don't work properly

I've filed this away until I have time to validate the problems.

1. I have noticed that Excel 2007 VBA does a few things differently than
Classic Excel. Mostly it's little stuff, like you've posted. Little stuff
that still brings a routine to a crashing halt.

2. I haven't checked out events in a protected sheet. Is the chart also
protected? Can you select chart elements though the sheet is protected? I do
know that MouseUp doesn't work right in 2007, but you can get around most of
that by using MouseDown. I have yet to test much of my event code to see
what's affected. Most clients who have needed this functionality are savvy
enough to have waited to upgrade (or at least savvy enough to have asked me,
then heeded my advice).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"lapete" wrote in message
Is there no one who is able to help me?
Lars

"lapete" wrote:

Hi,

I hope someone is able to help me. I just switched from Excel 2003 to
Excel
2007. In Version 2003 I made a kind of graphical analysis feature where I
use
excel-charts embedded into a worksheet. Hereby I use chart-events to
influence my charts.

Now I've got some problems which I didn't have in Excel 2003.

1. I noticed that there are several properties within the chart object
model
which I cannot use when I set up object variables. For example:

this code will not work (run-time error):

Dim xlChartObject As Excel.ChartObject
Set xlChartObject = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Diagramm 1")
xlChartObject.ProtectChartObject = True

But this code works:

Dim xlChartObject As Excel.ChartObject
Set xlChartObject = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Diagramm 1")
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(xlChartObject.Index).Prot ectChartObject = True

Why is this so? I noticed this behaviour with several properties.

2. The second problem I have concerns chart events. In Excel 2003 I
locked
the worksheet and I still could catch chart events of embedded charts.
But if
I lock the worksheet in Excel 2007 then I can no longer catch any chart
events.

Please help me with these points.
Best regards, Lars