Rick

Thanks Dave! I haven't run it yet, but I get the idea and it should work
perfectly. That is awesome!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Can you pick out a column that always has data:

dim LastRow as long
with activesheet
lastrow = .cells(.rows.count,"C").end(xlup).row
.range("a1:a" & lastrow).value = "hi there!"
end with

would be one way (based on column C).

Rick wrote:

I need a way to create a macro that will populate a column with desired data,
but I need to the data to stop based upon where other columns end. Can this
be done?

Sample data provided below. I want to configure a macro to run and populate
the columns in front of the data using specific (never changing) data, but
the number of rows of data will be changing each time I use this workbook.

52605 08182005
20000 08202005
27459 08222005
36970 08242005