Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lapete lapete is offline

Default Excel 2007 Chart-Objects don't work properly

Is there no one who is able to help me?
Lars

"lapete" wrote:

Hi,

I hope someone is able to help me. I just switched from Excel 2003 to Excel
2007. In Version 2003 I made a kind of graphical analysis feature where I use
excel-charts embedded into a worksheet. Hereby I use chart-events to
influence my charts.

Now I've got some problems which I didn't have in Excel 2003.

1. I noticed that there are several properties within the chart object model
which I cannot use when I set up object variables. For example:

this code will not work (run-time error):

Dim xlChartObject As Excel.ChartObject
Set xlChartObject = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Diagramm 1")
xlChartObject.ProtectChartObject = True

But this code works:

Dim xlChartObject As Excel.ChartObject
Set xlChartObject = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Diagramm 1")
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(xlChartObject.Index).Prot ectChartObject = True

Why is this so? I noticed this behaviour with several properties.

2. The second problem I have concerns chart events. In Excel 2003 I locked
the worksheet and I still could catch chart events of embedded charts. But if
I lock the worksheet in Excel 2007 then I can no longer catch any chart
events.

Please help me with these points.
Best regards, Lars