Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
robs3131 robs3131 is offline

Default Protecting sheet through vba while allowing some actions

Hi,

I've done a lot of searching on this but am stuck - I'm guessing the answer
is simple - basically, I have a large file with 65 sheets -- on 15 of these
sheets, I would like to have them protected, but still allow the user to do
things such as sort, autofilter, format, and a few others.

The issue is that there is a lot of code that needs to be executed on these
sheets when certain buttons are clicked, so I would like to protect the
userinterface only. From what I have found, this can be done using code like
the following - my issue is that I need to allow the user to do more than
what is listed below -- is there a complete list of "Enables" (for lack of a
better term") that can be used? IE - I need to allow the users to "Format
Cells", "Format Columns", and "Edit Objects" -- these are all choices in the
protection pop-up menu when manually setting protection.

I guess the question is how can I set these same parameters using vba?

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Enable.Sort
.EnableAutoFilter = True
.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True