Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Error Handling construct

If your real question is about error handling, ignore this response.

But if you're real question is about using .find:

Option Explicit
Sub Main()
Dim FoundIt as Range

'I'd specify all the parms--I wouldn't want to use the
'parms from VBA's last find or the user's last find.
'and don't forget the Set statement
set foundit = Sheets(1).Find("xxx", , , xlWhole)

if foundit is nothing then
'not found
else
'was found
end if

End Sub

Geoff wrote:

Hi
From tests and 'Help' it seems I need to restate On Error GoTo
myErrorHandler after returning from each sub proc and after the On Error
Resume Next.
Is that correct or is there a better way to provide error handling
throughout Main?

T.I.A.

Geoff

Sub Main()

On Error GoTo myErrorHandler

blah

SubProc1 ''no error handler in this proc

On Error Resume Next
foundIt = Sheets(1).Find("xxx", , , xlWhole)
On Error GoTo 0

SubProc2 ''no error handler in this proc

blah

Exit Sub

myErrorHandler:

If Err.Number < 0 Then