Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Can Chart Refresh be Disabled temporarily?

Excel would not do any decimation of the data for you.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"schuhjm" wrote in message
Hi Jon,

I just noticed your reference to the chart specifications. (256k
datapoints
per chart)

Since I can generate an overall chart with all my data as below, I assume
there is some internal interpolation, or data compressing occuring,
otherwise
I wouldn't be getting what I see I wouldn' think.

I gather if there is background compression occuring, that's a substantial
part of the time involved.

Data Content:
4 "channels" plotted
Each channel is 32 sequential time based series
Each series is 32000 data points 1/32 of total time base

Jeff