Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James Snell James Snell is offline

Default How do I bold entire row with an asterisk in the text?

Hi Tim,

It sounds like you're looking for a conditional format based on a formula.
To implement it...

Select cell A1
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Set the options for the condition to:-
Formula Is
=IF(FIND("*",$C1)0,TRUE,FALSE)
Set a format then OK out of the dialogues
Select the format painter from the toolbar then click in the box above the
number 1 row label.

The whole sheet is now set to apply that format if a * appears in column C
of the row.

Hope that helps.

~ James

"timwell" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet with 16 columns. Column C has text in each
cell. In some of the cells in column C there is an (asterisk) * with
the text. For example CARS *. I would like in each instance of the
asterisk in column C to bold that entire row. Then move on to the
next row until there are no more asterisks. I will not have more
than 500 rows. Thanks for any help with this. TimW