Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default imagelist filling at designtime

Ernst,
In the properties window (for the ImageList control) in the VBE,
select "Custom". The Property Pages form for the ImageList pops up.
Insert your pictures on the Images tab.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Ernst Schuurman"
wrote in message
Hi XL-guru's

First I like to express my admiration for your expertise.
I read the posts in this NG for 5 months on a daily basis and I've learned
so much allready.
It's both interesting and educational to see how different approaches solve
one problem.
But now it's my turn to ask for your help.

I need to fill an imagelist with icons that I will use for a treeview in a
userform.
Using Ron de Bruin's Googlesearch I found an exellent example on Chip
Pearson's site.
Great tool that I use many times that Googlesearch.(thanks Ron)
From Chips example I could create my solution as disired, but I am lost on
this one:
the imagelist containing the icons is now filled at runtime.
Because in my application the imagelist contents will not change I want to
fill it once at disigntime.
I found some explanation on different sites, but can't reproduce it.
The dialog that should appear when you choose properties does not appear
when using an imagelist on a userform.
I do get this dialog when the imagelist is added to a worksheet, but I can
not cot/paste that to my userform.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there another explanation?
Kind regards,
Ernst