Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1756_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1756_] is offline

Default clear data and named cell

I think I am confused at what you want. Excel has a feature whereby you can
give a range (one or more cells) a Name and then use that name to refer to
the range rather than using the range's address. When I just asked you about
removing "named cells", you responded with this example...

Rows(CStr("5:5")).ClearContents

which isn't using a named range at all. That leads me to think you are using
the term "named cell" for something other than Excel's named ranges
(remember, that range can be a single cell which would make it a named
cell). Is that the case? If so, can you explain what you mean when you say
"named cell"... exactly what are you referring to when you say that?

Rick

"greg" wrote in message
just one row.
so
Rows(CStr("5:5")).ClearContents

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Remove "all" the named cells on a single worksheet (the one whose row you
cleared) or throughout your entire workbook?

Rick

"greg" wrote in message
Hello,
Thanks for the help.

Yes, clear the data and named cell.
I really don't want to delete the row. But clear the data. and also
remove all the named cells.

"FSt1" wrote in message
hi
you may be right. but from his title "clear data AND Named cell", i
assumed
that was what it wanted. he is already clearing the data. and i did
ask. is
that the name? question not clearly stated

Regards
FSt1

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

If you are right and iCurrentMergeStart is the name given to a named
range,
then I would think (based on how the OP phrased his message) that he
would
be looking for this...

Range("iCurrentMergeStart").ClearContents

or, if iCurrentMergeStart is a variable containing the name, then
this...

Range(iCurrentMergeStart).ClearContents

rather than a method to physically delete the name from the Names
collection. But then again, you might be right as the question was not
very
clearly stated to me.

Rick

"FSt1" wrote in message
hi
is iCurrentMergeStart the name? if so then....
ActiveWorkbook.Names("iCurrentMergeStart").Delete

regards
FSt1

"greg" wrote:

I know this code below will clear the text in a row.
But it will not clear out the named cells.
Is there a way to clear both?

Rows(CStr(iCurrentMergeStart & ":" &
iCurrentMergeStart)).ClearContents