Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KC KC is offline

Default Checking the connection to a network Share

I have a VBA macro that write to a network share however I have two problems.
1: The user is prompted to enter a username and password. I would like to
place this in the macro.
2: I can't reference the computer with the shared folder by name and need to
use the IP address. I would like to check the connection to the share before
copying the file. In the past I use code like this:
Dim Coll_Docs As New Collection
Dim strSearch_path, strSearch_Filter, strSearch_Fullname As String
Dim strDocName As String
strSearch_path = strSharePath
strSearch_Filter = "*.*" 'what files
Set Coll_Docs = Nothing
strDocName = Dir(strSearch_path & "\" & strSearch_Filter)
Do Until strDocName = "" ' build the collection
Coll_Docs.Add Item:=strDocName
strDocName = Dir
Loop
intShareTest = Coll_Docs.Count

it is a crude but if intsharetest is 0 then it has connected to the drive
and sees the other files in the shared folder. This works if strSharePath
="//conputername/foldername" but doesnt work using "//ipaddress/foldername".
I need a test that uses the IP address. Thanks,
--
KC