Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Nyholm Bob Nyholm is offline

Default Application.StatusBar or equivalent for user defined functions

On Apr 18, 11:49*am, Dave Peterson wrote:
Functions called from worksheet cells can't do this kind of thing.

About the only thing that they can do is return a value to the cell that owns
the formula.

Bob Nyholm wrote:

I would like to update the status bar from within a user defined
function. *Application.StatusBar works for macros / subroutines, but
does NOT work for user defined functions as best I can tell. Is there
an equivalent call? Any help will be appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks for your help - wishful think on my part. I also tried
executing a subroutine from within the function to update the status
bar, again without success. Like you say, the function umbrella is
very restrictive.