Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nils Magnus Nils Magnus is offline

Default Letting users calculate Excel forms on the web while hiding the logic

(cross-posted to m.p.e.misc and m.p.e.programming to get various
suggestions - sorry about that if offense is taken)

Hello,

We have a number of Excel documents containing formulas and calculations
based on a number of input cells. We want to make these calculations
available on our website, but it's very important that the formulas
remain secret.

I figured that to be sure that malicious users won't be able to get the
formulas involved, they have to be calculated on a server.

As an absolutely last resort, we could recreate the logic in a proper
ASP.NET web site, but this is very tedious and makes updating the
calculations a nightmare. Preferably, one would only have to update the
Excel sheet to make the web calculation similarly updated.

Do anyone have suggestions on how we can accomplish this?

I've taken a look at a couple different "spreadsheet to web converters",
but none of them seem particularly robust and reliable.

Regards,
Nils Magnus