Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Franz Michael Franz is offline

Default How To Deploy C# RTD Server Application

Ok, being new to this and since I did this over a few weeks, I missed the
part about using regasm to register the RTD server. I had been trying to use
regsrv32 which does not find the COM entry points.

I used ilmerge to combine all of my DLLs into one, but when I use regasm I
get about 1000 registry entries. I only want one.

Also, I have to run my RTD from Visual Studio once before I can use it in
any workbook without have VS running at all.

Michael

I have created a Setup Project in VS 2008. This project works fine on my
development machine but I am unable to get it to work on any other machine.

There seems to be plenty of people have issues with deploying .NET
solutions. but no good answers to how to get it to work.

If it works so easily from VS why is deploying so hard?