Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sheldon Potolsky Sheldon Potolsky is offline

Default Files In A Subdirectory

Thanks Joel; I've incorporated your code and it will work very well.
There was one typo:
FName = Dir(Folder & "\*.xls) should be
FName = Dir(Folder & "\*.xls") 2nd double quote added
Sheldon

On Apr 16, 10:28*am, Joel wrote:
Try something like this. *I sometimes have problem with a search pattern like

"*abc*.xls" so I did the compare in two steps. *First look for XLS files
then use INSTR to find the particular string you want to match.

Folder = "C:\temp"
First = true
do
* *if First = True then
* * * FName = Dir(Folder & "\*.xls)
* * * First = False
* *else
* * * FName = Dir()
* *end if
* *if FName < "" then
* * * if instr(FName,"Search String") 0 then
* * * * *'Enter Your code here
* * * end if
* *end if
loop while FName < ""

"Sheldon Potolsky" wrote:
From Excel VBA, with a spreadsheet open, I would like to store the
list of all files ending in .XLS, in filename order, in the directory
that spreadsheet is in. *I would then want to process each of those
files (in filename order) and, based on a certain string I'm looking
for within the filename, do some processing based on that filename.
It's probably pretty straightforward but I would appreciate any code
suggestions anyone may have.
Thank you,
Sheldon- Hide quoted text -