Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
umpire_43 umpire_43 is offline

Default vba instruction for file saving

Hi.

thanks for replying back so quick!!!

I think its close.

Retrieve the information looks right.

I know that vba has a filesave dialog box built in the system. Will the
filename be automatically put into the space provide without the user
entering it? I don't want them to enter anything into the dialog box except
for selecting the directory where to save it

The user will have to click on save or Cancel.

does that make sense?

thanks for your help again :)

keith

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

The following does exactly what you described, but I doubt that
is what you really want. Post back with more detail if I am
right.

Sub dostuff()
myVar = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value '1. info retrieved
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show '2.Opens Dialog Box
'for user
to select
'or enter
file name.
MsgBox "File Saved As " & ActiveWorkbook.Name 'Rest of 2. And
'3. File
Saved
End Sub

"umpire_43" wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me on this?

I'm using excel 2003.

I have several sheets that have different statements.

This is what i want to accomplish through vba.

1) I want the programming to automatically retrieve information from the
cell within the sheet that i'm currently working on. (Note: i have several
sheets within the workbook)
2) User will select the directory where they want to save the file but the
filename will automatically be put into the popup dialog box.
3) Save the file automatically as pertaining to number 1.

Is this possible?
I hope you can understand.

thanks
keith