Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ross Culver[_2_] Ross Culver[_2_] is offline

Default help with vba/Macro sorting

You could put your code into a controllable event, like a button click. Or
just run the code whenever you're ready using hot keys.

Ross

"Maggie" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to set up a worksheet that will automatically sort a
record
by date and order number as soon as it's entered. I figured out a Macro to
do
that, but it sorts it as soon as you enter the date, and I need it to wait
until all fields have been filled in. Can someone help me modify this code
or
suggest something different I can try? Right now, when I enter the date, I
then have to scroll up to where it sorted to and fill in the rest of the
info.

Here's what I have:

Range("A8:J75").Sort Key1:=Range("B9"), Order1:=xlAscending,
Key2:=Range( _
"C9"), Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1,
MatchCase _
:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, _
DataOption2:=xlSortNormal
End Sub

I really don't know much about vba, so when you answer, you're going to
have
to make it as dumbed down as possible.

Thank you so much in advance!!